Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New Year...what I like to call "The Year of Kristin"

There are some positives that come with a divorce one of them being the chance to have a new beginning.  I know that I have talked about this in my last post but with the new year upon us I found it suiting to talk about it just once more.  I have decided that I would close out 2011 by opening myself up to new experiences in 2012.  2011 was a crazy year, with being in my first year of marriage and then a new house, a divorce, etc., 2011 has definitely been a year I will never forget and that is not for good reasons.  I am happy to close out that year and begin a new one. 

I have decided that 2012 will be "The Year of Kristin."  I will take care of myself, do things that I want to do, go places that I want to go...I plan on doing anything and everything I can that makes me happy.  For once in my life I am only concerned about myself and that feels good.  Last year I had someone else to care about and frankly I cared too much.  In the end, I think that I gave up a little of myself.  With this new year the Kristin that I used to be is coming back full force and I will be taking down anything and everything that stands in the way of my happiness. 

So for the "Year of Kristin" here is what I would like to do:

**Travel more - I want to make it somewhere out of the country at somepoint during this year...I am thinking Europe
**Take care of myself more - I want to splurge on more things for myself.  For instance I now get my nails painted every couple of weeks because it makes me feel like a woman and more beautiful
**Run a half marathon - I trained for one once but had to stop when my sister in law passed away and I am back up to 5 miles now and I plan to just keep on going
**Rekindle old friendships - Whether I lost touch with these friends because of me, or them, I want to get back in touch and catch up, even if it is just for coffee
**Spend more time with my family- This crazy experience has brought me closer than ever to my family.  They mean to the world to me and they make me happy, especially the 8 nieces and nephews that I am lucky to be an Aunt to
**Any endeavor I encounter I will give 110%

In the end it's plain and simple...This year I care about myself and my own happiness.  Who else gets the chance to be married and go through what I am going through only to be able to change as a person and do it all over again in whatever way I choose.  I figure the ball is in my court now and I will play this game like it is the best game of my life...because in the end you only live once...

And so far 2012.....you are making me happy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well put Kristin.